Link to my work and Online presence
During the past two months we were instructed to elaborate and increase our online presence in Emerging Technologies module. Most of the work I did was related to expanding my professional profile and gain friends-followers-visitors from my chosen industry.
- I promote myself as much as I can, try to get into conversations and blogs or groups relevant to the industry.
- I use as many relevant #hashtags as possible
- Link all of my profiles together with the use of direct hyperlink buttons
- Try to maintain a unified theme background – layout – and information wise
- Use the same name and nickname throughout my sites
- Try to post or upload artefacts often in an effort to stay active
- Post-tweet-share information on technologies, workflows and news trying to link with other professionals
- Always insert media on posts and tweets to support text and make them more appealing to the reader
- Keeping my account layouts smart, posts are compact on the point. This has been also achieved by choosing same color palette images and videos for my posts.
Here is a link to my presentation which includes detailed information on my social media project and graphs that analyse the visitors, views and precentage of views per social platform :
Pecha kucha presentation
Enjoy and comment!
I am writing a report on Post Production in which I am studying several sound effect purposes and sound design elements. I am researching the background of sound design in film, and I am doing a comparison of two movies: King Kong 1933 and King Kong 2005. The report is performing an analysis on the sound design elements of the movies and is comparing techniques and technologies used in both films. This way, a clear demonstration of the progress of audio manipulation in the industry through time will be achieved.
With this survey, which I urge you to take, I can collect the data I need for my report. It only takes 5 minutes, and I promise you it’s really fun if you are into movies! Enjoy!
Hit the survey Icon to begin!
EDIT: This survey has been now closed. A great thank you for all of you who took part.
This is the second assignment for the Audio Post module that I will be doing some foley for. Basically, we have been given a video and we are required to use all of our previous knowledge on how professionals work and our skills on post to “dress” the video with sound. We have only the video and some background music audio files to work with. The rest is up to us. Sounds-effects placement, layering etc, Editing, audio manipulation in general, Mixing volume pan EQ compression etc.
So this is the clip we have been given I hope you are going to enjoy this more than we did when we first saw it. I mean, don’t get me wrong, it provides some excellent opportunities to really use our creativity, but the animation it self in terms of production is not good.
Right, I don’t want to say much, and I definitely don’t want you to form an opinion before you even have a chance to see it for your selves. So, here it is.
P.S. There are let’s say some hidden elements, I’ll call them “easter eggs”, which are hilarious. I do not intend to mention anything to the tutors just yet, maybe after the hand-in date for the assignments. If they knew this ” easter egg” was there I suspect they would never give that video to students anymore. Not that hard to notice btw.
By all means, don’t try to go for the tree and miss the forest here.
Elephant’s Dream Short Movie 2006
#audiopostproduction #audioassignment #foley #easteregg #shortfilm